Welcome to Craft Club Waterford

Hello everyone, please feel free to have a browse around, but please if you can, leave a message; I'd love to know what you think of what you're seeing here.
Thank You, Midi.

Monday 28 November 2011

HOW DO YOU STORE FABRIC


HOW DO YOU STORE FABRIC?!





I’ve just spent most of today and yesterday doing a really big job trying to tidy and organise my craft room. I say trying, because I feel as though even after hours or work I’m still no closer to achieving my goal.  I’ve sorted everything into categories, Knitting, sewing, card making and scrapbooking. I also have other little bits; calligraphy, embroidery, photography and many more. I’ve found a storage plan for everything,,,,,except of course all my fabric! I’m finding it really difficult to write this post. I think my mind just isn’t on my task at the moment. I just keep thinking of my fabric, what a nightmare! Paper I can sort onto shelves and boxes. Pens, markers, pencils fit in the little table top drawers. C.D.’s fit neatly under the shelf near the pc. My big problem; the fabric. What to do with layers and layers of colour, pattern, memories, planned projects,  textures and yes even some procrastination. I have a plan for most of it, quilts, cards, scrapbook layouts, boxes; lined and covered. So so many ideas so little time. I feel like dropping everything and getting down to cutting and sorting, ironing and piecing, hand sewing and machine crafting, but then, I see it all in bundles, waiting for a temporary permanent home. A place to lie until a creation emerges. Do I hang it, I’ve tried that, over the cross timber of a hanger. Do I fold it and store it on a shelf in layer upon layer, until one piece being pulled out pulls the ones above and below it until I have a wrinkled, rumpled bundle of fabrics that I can’t see anything in. I’ve considered storing it in separate boxes based on colour, however, do I put yellow fabric with a large purple flower in the purple box or the yellow box. I need to see what I have to remember what’s there so this won’t work. I’ll have a yellow and purple quilt made with extra fabric bought to finish it and then I’ll find the yellow one with the purple flower in the purple box and not the yellow one. I don’t know, it’s all so confusing,,,,, does anyone out there have any good ideas?


No comments:

Post a Comment